As many of you have heard, Equifax had a large breach of personal information that has affected millions of Americans.
Below are some ideas to help protect yourself.
- This is a link to the Equifax security website to see if your information could have been breached. www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
- Equifax is providing one year completely free of charge of credit file monitoring and identity theft protection. trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html
- Obtain and monitor your credit report. Annual Credit Report – this is the only free credit report Authorized by Federal law. www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
- Our Federal Trade Commission -- IdentityTheft.gov provides a tool to help understand the steps involved to correct a stolen identity. www.identitytheft.gov/Steps
- Monitor your credit card and bank statements. Do not fall victim to scams claiming that they are from an entity to protect you when you did not initiate the inquiry.
- Union State Bank is here to serve you. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call or stop in. We are in this together.