Education Certificate Personal
You don't need a degree to know that at the rate higher education costs are rising, the next generation is going to need money saved up to pay for it. Get the process started early with an interest-bearing account.
- Save for a child’s future education expenses
- Competitive rates above most savings accounts
- Renewable CD with a maturity of 5 years
- Contribute minimum deposits of $25, except for the last 7 days before maturity
- May be cashed without penalty once the child reaches the age of 18
- Penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal
- $25 minimum deposit to open
Ask your account representative for the most current interest rates and annual percentage yields. The interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for your account depend upon the applicable rate tier and can change at any time at our discretion. Interest will be compounded daily and credited to your account at statement cycle. We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items, (for example, checks). You must maintain a minimum balance in the account each day to obtain the corresponding APY.